Environment & Technology
Toyota Kirloskar Motor(TKM) believes and practices the theory of sustainable development. We aspire to be the most loved and admired automobile company in India by following the Toyota-way philosophy. Toyota has consistently exhibited its relentless commitment to add value through its world class systems and processes. We work consistently towards making quality cars, built to international quality standards, yet keeping in mind the local sensitivities. Toyota is committed to manufacture technically advanced and environment-friendly products. Our ISO 14001 certified plant at Bidadi, Karnataka is surrounded by a green belt and meets high environmental standards. We have embedded sustainability across all our business practices and constantly strived to implement best practices that promote reuse, reduce & recycle of wastes within the manufacturing plant.
Plant - 2 has been established based on Toyota Eco-Factory Concept, designed to contribute towards reducing overall environmental impact based on the concept of Monozukiri (Manufacturing in harmony with environment).
Some of the key sustainable plant initiatives are the afforestation drive which includes plantation of 2.5 lakh saplings inside the premises, utilization of best available technology and promotion of Eco-CSR activities to reach out to the community. An onsite rainwater harvesting pond of capacity 25, 000 cubic meter meets our water requirements for 4 months. In addition to this, our modern effluent treatment plant further recycles about 60% of treated effluent there by reducing the dependency on freshwater usage.
As technology constantly evolves and employees improve themselves through daily work and training programs, Toyota's production process improves. Through innovative technologies we focus on producing fuel efficient & quality vehicles. We believe in living in harmony with nature and hence look forward to bringing in more of such technologies which will reduce our impact on our ecosystem.
As a responsible organization, we at Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. firmly believe in the philosophy of “Respect for the planet”.
Also understanding the environmental threats, posing the industry and mankind, the “Toyota Environmental Challenges 2050” forms the base of the mid to long term commitment towards Environmental Protection.
Hence, we reaffirm our commitment, to contribute to the society by ensuring Environment protection, throughout life cycle of our Products, Operations and Services.
To realize our commitment, we shall aim to:
- Quantify & Reduce Green House Gas emission across the Value chain & Life Cycle, by Promoting cleaner technologies and processes.
- Conserving water resources with the objective of achieving water neutrality.
- Optimizing material usage, minimizing waste and enhancing/improving recyclability.
- Looking beyond environmental compliance obligations towards realizing the real intent of preserving the environment.
- Promoting biodiversity conservation & supporting community environment initiatives.
TKM commits to engage with all stakeholders (Team Members, Suppliers, Dealers, Customer, Contractor, Community...), to create eco consciousness, and to motivate and inspire them to achieve Environmental sustainability. We shall strive to achieve these objectives to realize our dream of “Living in Harmony with Nature”.
In line with global Toyota philosophy of “Complete Ownership”, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt Limited (TKM), firmly believes that people are its biggest asset and is committed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment, to all its team members, associates & business partners working on behalf of it.
TKM believes that Occupational Safety & overall well - being of its human asset, is integral to its vision of achieving excellence, in every sphere of its operations and such considerations must reflect in all the organizational activities, processes & infrastructure and help it to meet the expectations of all the stakeholders.
To meet such expectations, TKM shall be committed to:
- Develop people, who will demonstrate “never compromise attitude”, and accept all safety rules, towards growing need of establishing “Safety Culture”, both inside and outside the company.
- Pursuit of “Safest Vehicle”, to provide the best in class Safety to the Customer & Occupants.
- Engage with all Team Members towards creating “Enjoyable Workplace” by workplace hazard elimination using Continuous Improvement (Kaizen).
- Comply with all relevant legal & other requirements, applicable to the organization1 and look for achievement “Beyond Compliance “,in line with global Toyota philosophy of “Safety First”.
- Work together with all stakeholders (Team Members, Suppliers, Dealers, Customer, Contractor, Community...), to create safe community.
TKM commits to foster a collaborative partnership, among all its associates, to have a collective responsibility, to implement the provisions of this policy, in Spirit and Action, and stay true to the thinking of the founding fathers of Toyota “Safe work is the door to all the works Let us pass through this door.“